"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Yes I did!

Well, who would have thought it? Two days in row? Yes, I did. Someone asked me today what I blog about. I simply replied, "nothing." That is not really true. I blog about whatever comes to my mind. As I am typing today, I am listening to Chris Sligh signing "Empty Me." In the song, Chris is asking God to "empty me of me so I can be filled with You." Think about his request. Shouldn't that be our prayer each and every day? God, empty me of me so I can be filled with you. Think about that.

Now, I don't want to come across as a bible thumper. I can't stand bible thumpers! I will say that I am a born again Christian. It will be 21 years ago next month when my mom lead me in a prayer to welcome Jesus Christ into my heart. I will be the first to admit that in the last 21 years, I haven't always lived my life like I was a follower of Christ. I have done lots of things that I am not proud of, but thank the good Lord abouve that no matter how far we may stray from His arms, God is right there waiting for us to crawl back into those arms once again. I am so glad that God doesn't give up on us as quickly as we give up on us. Having said all of that I wake up each morning with one goal in mind. That goal is to love God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. I know that I will fail at this, but I can rest in knowing that Jesus has already paid the price for my short comings.

As a teenager, I was turned off by those who liked to throw thier faith around. I don't want to be one of those types of people. I want to be the type of person who allows Christ to live through me. What I mean by this is I don't want to be one who passes judgement on those for thier wrongdoings. While I might not agree with others' beliefs and actions, I don't want to pass judgement, but explain to them why I choose not to believe or do those things. I believe I should respect others and not judge. If I immediately point fingers, then I risk losing any influence I might have had on them. My brother in law puts it like this, and I am paraphrasing, the unchurched aren't going to come to us, we have to go to them. I agree 100%. Sometimes we have to go places and spend time with those who we normally wouldn't just so that we can reach them.

Ok, ok, I have gone on long enough. Like I said, I just start typing. Let me try to sum up my thoughts. We are not perfect. Everyday we are going to fall short of God. Having said this, we can find solace in knowing that no matter what we may do, no matter what we may say, or even no matter what we may NOT do or say, God still loves us. He wants us to love Him. He also wants us to love others as we love ourselves. We must not give up on ourselves but when we want to we must remember that we have a God and Savior who will never give up on us!

No comments: