"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Friday, October 3, 2008

Hogs & Gators

Well, tomorrow is the first Saturday in October. You know what that means? That means that the Razorbacks are playing tomorrow. I know, I know, some would say that there may be a game tomorrow, but the Razorbacks probably won't show. Yes, it has been a tough going for the Hogs as of late, but that will change. The Hogs are 2-2 under new head coach Bobby Petrino, but with a team consisting mostly of freshmen, that is to be expected. Tomorrow the Florida Gators make the trip to Fayetteville and like usual, so will the Woddawg. This will probably be another dismal day for the Razorback Nation, but for me it will be fun. I always like to take people to thier first Razorback game in Fayetteville. Tomorrow, I get that opportunity. I am taking Don Atter, a co-worker of mine, with me to the game. It will be just him and me. The rest of my fair weather fan group is staying home. The twist, for those of you who don't know Don, is that he is from Jacksonville, Florida and is a die hard Gator fan like I am a die hard Razorback fan. Most people would say I am crazy for taking a Gator fan to Fayetteville when the Hogs are playing the Gators, but Don is also an SEC Football fan. He is very courteous towards the Razorbacks, and I try to return the courtesy towards his Gators. I am sure we will have a good time, especially since this is his first trip to see a football game in Fayetteville. I can't wait for him to see and experience the atmosphere at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. He may walk in a Gator fan, but he might walk out more of a Razorback fan.

Now, Don did have a little suprise waiting on him when he got to work today. Don works in our dispatch office from 3 to 11 every day. Last night he thought he would play a joke on our General Manager, Billy Martin. All week long Don had been saving news clippings from the Democrat-Gazette about the Florida Gators. Last night Don took those clippings and put them all over Billy's desk and restroom. Needless to say, when he came in this morning, Billy kicked into payback mode. He told us that he wanted to decorate the dispatch office in anything Razorback before Don came in. Well, we exceeded his expectations. I have posted some pictures of what Don found when he came to work.

Hopefully, tomorrow will go well for my Razorbacks. If not, at least this past week was fun; that is, for everyone but Mr. Atter!





Houston Nutt and Don Atter. The Dynamic Duo!

Don says that this picture will have him barred from Jacksonville for life!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Hope your trip was fun!!