"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

HOGS WIN!!!! HOGS WIN!!!!

I apologize for it being so long since my last posting. This will probably be a recurring theme with me. A lot sure has happened since then, some good, some bad. I will address the bad news first. My friend and co-worker Norma lost her sister to cancer this past Sunday. I was so sorry to hear this. I don't think it was expected. She wasn't great, but her condition was encouraging and then took a turn for the worst Saturday night. We have been praying for her for a long time. I am reminded at times like this that sometimes God answers are prayers, just not the way we thought He would. Norma's sister has been healed of cancer, however, God took her home to do it. Let's keep Norma and her family in our prayers. Norma is a very strong person and I know she will be fine.

On a more positive note, my Razorbacks got their first conference win of the season this past Saturday down on the plains. The Hogs beat the Auburn Tigers 25-22 in Auburn. It was a much needed win to say the least. I had a feeling after watching the Florida game that they would probably beat Auburn. That feeling became even stronger when Auburn fired thier offensive coordinator on the Wednesday prior to the game. I was a very proud Razorback fan on Saturday night. The next hurdle for the Hogs comes Saturday night in Lexington, KY as they battle the Kentucky Wildcats. I look for another Razorback victory, but a very close game. I don't want to look ahead, but after Kentucky, former head coach Houston Nutt comes to Fayetteville with his new team, Ole Miss. That should be a good one, but lets get past Kentucky first.

We are hosting a Sunday School party at our house on Friday night. We are also hosting three youth choir members from Rogers Saturday night who will be singing for our church on Sunday. It will be another busy weekend. I am just thankful that we have been blessed by the Good Lord to be able to do these things.

Until next time!
GO HOGS!

No comments: