"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Giving it a try!

Well, I have noticed that EVERYONE has a blog, so I thought I would give it a try. Let me start this off by saying that I am NOT good at this. I probably won't update it very often. There, now that I have that out of the way, anything I do with this blog will be a success.

Let me begin by telling a little about myself. I am orginally from Wynne, AR, but now reside in Colt, AR. For those that aren't familiar with Wynne, it is a small rural town in Northeastern Arkansas. I am an accountant for an electric utility in Forrest City. I am a 1997 graduate of Wynne High School. I got my Bachelor of Arts in Professional Accounting from Ouachita Baptist University in 2001.

I am married to my high school sweetheart, Mollie. She is my pride a joy. We have been married for 7 great years, but have been together since February 1996. I can't tell you how proud I am of her. She has grown to be a very successful woman in my eyes. She is good at everything she does. More than anything, I know she loves me. Words can't describe how good it feels to know that when I go home to her everyday, I am coming home to someone who loves me. Please don't misunderstand me, I have grown up knowing I was loved, but marriage is different. We have seen each other go through many ups and downs (a lot of them together). When I look back I can see how we have grown closer together each and every day. God has really blessed us with a great marriage and I am very thankful for that.

We don't have any children yet, but we do have two dogs. Our oldest is a 7 year old Miniature Schnauzer named Lexi. Our other dog is a 2 year old Snorkie. If you are saying, "what?," a Snorkie is half Yorkshire Terrier and half Minature Schauzer. They are both really smart and really spoiled.

We both come from great families who love us and support us in all that we do. I am a huge Arkansas Razorback fan. I am sure that as time goes on, that will become pretty evident. I am very active in my community. When I was growing up in Wynne, I took a lot out of the community, now I feel as if it is my job to replinish what I took out and keep the cycle going.

Well, that is all for now. I will try this again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Way to go! The more you do this, the more you'll want to every day! Lots of fun, great way to keep in touch!