"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Election Time

Election time is here again and am I ready for it to be over! I cast my ballot yesterday. I don't want to have to deal with the long lines on election day so I try to go vote early. I am not ashamed of how I vote. I consider voting a very serious matter that we should all participate in. This year's election will probably be one of the biggest this country has ever seen. Now, I know you can probably about every election from now on, and you are probably correct.

Our pastor has been preaching on the upcoming election the past few Sunday nights. Obviously he can't promote one candidate over another, but he can talk about the issues. This is the approach he has taken. He pointed out to us that, as Christians, it is our responsibility to vote. He points to Luke 10:27, "Love your neighbor as yourself." If we love our neighbors like we should, then we will want to see to it that they have Godly leaders. Therefore, we should go and vote for those leaders. Having said all of that, I believe that is necessary to vote for those leaders who most exemplify and stand for Godly principles. I will be the first to say that neither candidate is my first choice, but I believe that the man for the job is Senator John McCain.

I would encourage you to check out www.afa.net to research each candidate yourself. Sen. McCain supports federal protection of marriage, which is the union of one man to one woman. Sen. McCain also opposes teaching homosexuality in public schools and homosexual adoptions. He believes adoption is wrong. Biblically speaking, this is that man we should elect as our next president.

I agree with my pastor in that we shouldn't vote based on our pocket books. Please know that God will protect us in all circumstances. We must adhere to Proverbs 3:5-6which says "Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take." I know times seem bleek right now, but remember God is in control. We must seek his guidance, not our own. This is true in all aspects of life. We must vote for a man who has Godly values. This is how it was put to me, I hope that we never reach a day that sins such as homosexuality is viewed as acceptable. If that happens, then it is no longer going to be viewed as a sin. If it is no longer viewed as a sin, then there is no need for a Savior. If there is no need for a Savior, then may God have mercy on all of us.

Please vote on November 4. If you don't like either candidate, please choose which one you like better than the other. Also, please considered prayerfully who God would have you vote for. I would also encourage you to check out Rev. Matt Pearson's blog at www.mattwbc.blogspot.com.

Until next time!

No comments: