"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Nutt Returns

I am writing today from Interstate 40 on my way to see the Hogs play. This will be a very interesting game. I say that not because both teams are 3-4 overall or because both teams are 1-3 in the SEC. I say that because on this day, October 25, 2008, Houston Dale Nutt returns to Fayetteville with his new team, The Ole Miss Rebels. I am a little nervous. I was a Houston Nutt supporter when his tenure at the University of Arkansas came to an end last year. I didn't alway agree with Coach Nutt, but that is life. In the ten years he coached here, Coach Nutt did great things for the University. No man derserved what the fans put Coach Nutt through. So here we sit. Bobby Petrino is the new head Hog and Houston is now a Rebel. Today he comes home, except this time he is on the other side. Tonight will be a very emotional night for everyone in the stadium. What will happen when Houston brings his new team onto the field? How will he react? How will the players across the field from him, that HE recruited, react? Only time will tell. The Hogs have won the last 4 games against the Rebels. The only difference is that the one who coached us to those 4 victories is on the other side now. I would just have to tell Coach Nutt, "Welcome home, Houston. I hope your stay in Fayetteville is great except from about 6-11 tonight." GO HOGS GO!!!!

No comments: