"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Friday, October 17, 2008

Finally Friday

I love the song by George Jones called "Finally Friday." I used to try and get in the car around 5:00 on Fridays just to hear them play that song on the radio as I drove home from work (It was one of those "woo-hoo! the weekend is here!" kind of songs that was perfect for 5:00 on Fridays). That was before I got an iPod and satellite radio, two of the greatest inventions ever, however, I have been getting a little frustrated as of late with my iPod. I have an FM transmitter that I can connect to my iPod that will allow me to play it throught the radio in the car. A few weeks ago I started to notice that I was getting a lot of static when listening to the iPod. I assumed that it was a short in my transmitter. Well, four transmitters later, I am still having problems listening to my iPod in the car. I have tried Mollie's iPod with my transmitter and hers works. I guess that it is my iPod that is messing up. This is not good news people. I can listen to it with headphones, just not with my FM transmitter. Well, I have found that Mollie doesn't think I should be driving down the road with my headphones in. I don't see the differnce in that and those people with those bluetooth headsets for their phones. Oh well, I don't know what I am going to do. I can have it repaired for $129 or I can get a brand new one for $250. I guess that is their way to keep repairs to a minimum. As my dad would say, "Decisions, Decisions."

It is Friday and I don't have to work tomorrow. That is always good. In addition to not having to work, the Hogs play tomorrow. That's even better!

Caldwell Christian Academy (CCA) is having a Fish Fry Fundraiser today. CCA is a private Christian school founded by my in-laws. I must say, I was against this whole idea. It is funny how God can change your perspective. I don't have any children, but I was dead set on my kids being Yellowjackets like thier dad. I wanted to make sure that had the ability to be in all the clubs and participate in all of the activities that their dad did when he was thier age. All of that is good and it really helps with scholarships, but what is more important. There is one thing that CCA can offer them that a public school can't and that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They will be taught reading and arithmatic in both environments, but they won't hear about Jesus in the public school system. That is more important than anything else. I have been ordained as the head of the house by our Lord and it is my responsibility to be the spiritual leader of my house. When I look at the situation through HIS eyes, it is crystal clear where my kids should attend school if there is the option. Having said all of that, I am now a strong supporter of a Christian education. If you have the choice, choosing God supercedes any other choice. I know that they won't get to be in all of the things their dad got to be in. They probably won't get some of the experiences that I had, but they will get to experience something openly at school that I never did and that is the word of God. That trumps everythig else. Praise God for schools like Caldwell Christian Academy!

No comments: