"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Bye 2008

The last day of 2008 is upon us. Another year has come and gone. We will probably wrap up 2008 the same way we do every other year. I imagine that we will take my dad out to eat (today is his 54th birthday) and then come home and sit on the couch waiting for 2009. That sounds real exciting doesn't it? Well, any time we get my dad in public, you never know what to expect. We usually have to lock his windows when we take him anywhere. You see, he likes to roll down the window and talk to strangers. We always tell him that he is going to get us shot at one of these days. We will probably do a lot of laughing. Dad has been extra "giddy" since he found out he is going to be a Papaw, so there is no telling how he will act. I am pretty sure we will have a blast tonight.

PTL that I am off work on Friday. We are thinking about going down to my father-in-law's deer camp for the weekend. I don't know if we have made a decision on that yet or not. I will do whatever I am told. We always have fun when we go. There wouldn't be any hunting going on, just riding the four wheelers and shooting stuff. I am not thrilled about going, but I will. It is one of those things where you dread getting down there, but once you are there, you have a good time. We'll see what happens.

I wish everyone a very blessed New Year!

No comments: