"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Friday, December 19, 2008

It's almost time

Well, we had our first ultrasound. We are definitely pregnant. I knew we were all along, but it is just something about seeing the baby and hearing a heartbeat that makes it official. I haven't been this excited about Christmas since I was a kid. We have only told a few people. We told some friends of ours with twins just because we had some questions and we knew that they would know. We swore them to secrecy, but since they live in Lowell, I don't think that will be a problem. We also told Mollie's little brother and sister-in-law since they will be gone at Christmas. This is a funny story. They had come home from New Orleans for Thanksgiving. The night before, we were putting up lights on our Christmas tree. Charisse was reading the warning label and it said that the paint in the light cords had lead in it and may cause birth defects. Mollie dropped the lights and rushed to the sick to wash her hands. Preston asked if she was pregnant. We both just stopped and looked at him with that blank "uh-oh" look. He said, in a voice of disbelief, "You are aren't you?" Mollie nodded yes and his next response I will never forget as long as I live. He said, with no expression, "Sh-t!" He was totally dumbfounded. We laughed at him so long. I wish I could have caught that seminary student on tape at that given time. He was stunned. He wasn't mad or upset, I think he wasn't expecting her to say yes.



Now back to the ultrasound. Mollie hates going to the doctor. I mean she hates it. She had rather take a bullet than go to a doctor. She won't even talk about it. She didn't sleep the whole night prior to our first visit. I, on the other hand was very excited. I couldn't wait to see our baby. Well, when the technician showed us our child, well, I don't know if I can describe how I felt. When she let us hear its heartbeat, it was like sweet music to my ear. I could have listened to it all day. We are at 7 weeks as of this week (December 16). We really didn't want to tell until about 12 weeks, but with it being Christmas, we thought it would make for a really nice gift to our parents.



I can't wait. My dad has been wanting a grandchild for so long. We got him and my mom both sweat shirts that read, "PAPAW" and "GRANDMA," respectively, with "(finally!) underneath it. I hope to video their reactions. I never video at Christmas, so I have to come up with an excuse as to why we are videoing this particular Christmas. For Mollie's parents we bought a picture frame for three pictures. It reads "DAD + MOM = ME." We are going to put our pictures above our titles and a copy of the ultrasound picture above "ME." I am not sure what kind of reaction to expect from them. This isn't their first grandchild, but it is her mom's first blood related grandchild. I know they will be excited, but I am expecting two totally different reactions from each side of the family.

Well, we go back next month for another check up. We will find out the sex of the baby at 20 weeks. I am so excited. Everyone will just have to excuse me because I am going to be just crazy over this child. I am sorry if I talk so much about it that it annoys anyone. I guess that just comes with the territory. Again, I apologize that I am posting this late. I have to talk about it or else I may just let it slip before it is time. It won't be much longer now, just a few days! It's almost time!

No comments: