"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Remembering the birds

Mollie and I went to Memphis on Saturday to begin setting up baby registries. On our way over there, I stopped in West Memphis to gas up. As I was pumping gas this little sparrow landing just a few feet from me and began drinking from a water puddle about the size of a quarter. I was filled with joy as I remembered when Jesus told us in Luke 12:22-30 about how God provides for us all. God saw to it that that little sparrow found water in the middle of the city. It was just the perfect size puddle for that sparrow. We should always remember that God will see to it that we are cared for. When times get tough, we should always remember the birds.

No comments: