"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Friday, June 5, 2009

Beginning to feel real

Well, we got the call yesterday afternoon that our baby furniture had arrived. So what did we do? We hooked up to the trailer and headed to Memphis right after work to get it. Thank the Lord that the rain had moved out and the roads were dry. We didn't' even have to cover it with a tarp. The furniture is still in the boxes. We just backed the trailer into the garage when we got home and decided to wait until Saturday to start putting it all together. We ordered the furniture from a small store in Memphis called Babytime. Let me tell you how impressed I was with these people. The first time I went in their store, I noticed that they had Christian music playing. That was the first thing that impressed me. The second thing was how friendly and helpful they were. They seemed as if they really cared about our baby and her bedding. They weren't pushy. They let us look and were there to answer any questions that we had. They were really nice and I would defiantly recommend them to anyone looking for baby stuff.

We sat down a couple of nights ago and started filling out the baby book. That was fun too. We enjoyed reminiscing back to the beginning of this journey. We only have two months until Mollie's due date. Things are starting to get hairy. We feel as if there is so much we need to do before Kaylin Reese gets here. I hope that moving the furniture into the nursery will make things a little more calmer. Probably not.

It is really starting to sink in that we have a precious little girl on the way. We now have a little thing we do every night before we go to sleep. I lay my head on Mollie's stomach just to feel my little girl move. It is probably one of the neatest things I have ever experienced. Sometimes she is really active. Other times, she is calm. I can't wait to meet her. Mollie will be considered full term in just 5 weeks. At that point, even though she isn't due for another 3 weeks, she would be just fine to deliver. That is the part that freaks us out. We don't expect her for 8 more weeks, but she could come as early as 4 to 5 weeks from now.

One other fun thing that Mollie and I are doing is making a video for Kaylin showing what all is going on leading up to her arrival. I think Kaylin will think that it is cheesy when she is younger, but will really appreciate it when she is older.

Well that is about all for now. I will try and get some pictures up of the nursery when its ready. Until next time!

No comments: