"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Monday, May 4, 2009

Making Progress

Well, we are just 3 months from the expected arrival of little Kaylin Reese. There is still so much to do. Mollie and I went to Jonesboro on Friday night to get the last of the fabric that will be needed to make Kaylin's bedding. Mollie's mom is hard a work cleaning out her laundry room so that she can get to her sewing machine and start the production. I am glad that Mrs. Dorma is doing this. It will be good for her and I am sure Kaylin will some day be glad to know that her Mimi went to that much trouble for her. On Saturday, we got back in the nursury and started going through some of the boxes in the closets. When we finished, we had pretty much cleared out one half of the closet. The other half doesn't have near the amount of boxes. We are going to try and tackle a little bit each night.

Like I said earlier, Kaylin should be her in three months. That is so hard for this dad-to-be to grab hold of. Where has the last 6 or 7 months gone. I feel like there is so much to do. We have been watching A Baby Story on TLC. This is fun to me because it heightens my level of excitement, but for Mollie, not so much. She is really nervous about this whole hospital thing. She doesn't like needles or anything like that. She doesn't handle pain well at times. She tells me that she doesn't want to watch it anymore. She said that the thought of IV's and needles gives her nightmares. I guess I will have to watch them on my own from now on.

Things are moving along at work OK. I really need a break, but I am saving my time off for when Kaylin is born. I hope that I have enough time built up so that I don't have to take off without pay, but if I do, then I do. We are prepared for me to be off as long as Mollie needs me. I know that my family comes first. Mollie, on the other hand, has nothing to worry about. As long as she gets in at least a half of a day, she will be good for the whole day. To make things easier, she can even work from home. She has about 4 or 5 weeks of PTO built up already. Her company and boss has really been good to her throughout this whole pregnancy, sometimes I think her boss is more protective of her than I have been. That is pretty protective!

So that is what is going on in my life. We have been resting a lot because we know that those days are coming to an end here pretty soon. We spend a lot of time just laying in the bed watching TV. The last two Sunday afternoons we have napped a lot. After all, isn't Sunday the day of rest? LOL!

Until next time!

No comments: