"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday

It's finally Friday. This hasn't been too bad of a week, but I am still glad that the weekend is almost here. We have a lot to do in making a place for little Kaylin Reese. We have decided to have Mollie's mom make the bedding for her. We have looked at lots of different types of baby bedding and have come to the conclusion that it is a hot commodity. Mollie and her mom went and picked out fabric and Mrs. Dorma is going to just make everything. We have to make a quick run to Jonesboro tonight to get the rest of the fabric.

Tomorrow we have to get Kaylin's closets cleaned out. When we moved into our house, we kept one room empty because we knew it would be used for a nursery some day. What we failed to do was make the closets in that room empty. Now we are left with the task of sorting through all of the stuff in them. This is something we should have done a long time ago, but you know how that goes.

Tax season has come and gone for another year. I am all finished except from one from last year. This one takes a lot of time to do and since this is my side job, I don't always have the spare time to devote to it. I really need to take a day and just get after it. Sometimes I wonder why I even fool with doing taxes, but the extra cash comes in handy. Since I will have two females in my house in the very near future, I guess it is good to have all the spare cash I can get.

Something else I have started doing is counting Weight Watchers points again. I have gotten to the point where my clothes don't fit and feeling miserable. So far so good. I have lost about 7-8 pounds in the last two weeks. I have done this before so it wasn't that hard to get back in groove. It hasn't been too bad. As a matter of fact, I don't even use all of my daily points. I can have 25 points a day and an extra 35 to use throughout the week. Usually I try to save those for the weekend so that I don't have to be so cautious. I really need to lose about 30-40 pounds. We will see how it goes. Please keep me in your prayers.

Last night I attended an event at the church called "The Main Event." This was a dinner and program put on by the men's ministry. The speaker was Jarrod Jones. He talked about the importance of sexual purity and how sexual sin can be so damaging. The scripture reference was Proverbs 7. He gave six ways you can destroy your life. These points were centered around sexual impurity, but could also be applied to everyday life and sin. He said you can ruin your life if you:

1.) Get numb to the word of God
2.) Think we are in control of our sins.
3.) Think we learn from experience and not by the facts.
4.) Flirt with sexual temptation.
5.) Deny the obvious.
6.) Believe no one will ever know what you are doing.

One point Jarrod made that really stuck to me was that we don't obey God so that we will receive His love and mercy, we receive His love and mercy, therefore, we obey. Wow! I have never thought of it like that before. We want to live our lives under law so bad. The good news is that because of Jesus, we are no longer under law. There is nothing we can do to "earn" our way to heaven. We are naturally sinners. We can't do it, but through Jesus, we can. We can because Jesus came and lived a life without sin. He was tempted like we all are because He was God in human flesh, yet He never sinned. He was killed for our sins, but after three days, He rose from the grave proving He was who He said He was. It is because I believe that, that I am accepted by God through grace. I don't have to be perfect, just blameless. Jesus paid it all. Wooooo! How awesome is that?

Last, but not least, I found out last weekend that I am going to be an uncle. That is right, Chris and Jill are also expecting. They are due in mid December. Mom and dad are ecstatic. I am happy for them. They are trying to sell their house in Marion and move back to Wynne. If anyone is looking for a house in Marion, let me know.

Well that is all for now.

No comments: