"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lots to be grateful for

Let me start off by apologizing for allowing so much time to pass since my last posting. A lot has transpired since then. I guess the best place to start was Valentine's Day. I tried to think of something to do for my bride for several days before deciding to treat her to a day at the spa. I got her a package from the Vue Spa & Salon in Jonesboro. I didn't tell her about it until the morning of Valentine's. I made her get up and get ready to go pretty early, or least early for a Saturday. I had also booked a room for us so that she could have a place to come back and get ready before going to dinner. I had hoped to be able to check into the hotel early so that I could work on tax returns while she was at the spa. Well, as my luck would have it, I didn't get to check in early. I went and sat in the parking lot of the hotel while I worked in my truck. I was able to get one tax return done before the battery on my laptop died. So much for trying to be productive as that put an end to my work. I got one return done. The rest of the time I spent driving around Jonesboro and at the mall. When Mollie was done with her pampering, we went out to eat and to see a movie before the pregnancy kicked in and Mollie came crashing down in exhaustion. We had a good time though. I was most excited about getting a Wii for Valentine's Day. Here I am a grown man getting excited about a video game. That is a whole other post though.

Last week was very rough, especially Wednesday and Thursday. I was afforded the opportunity to travel to Corning, AR to assist the A/P clerk at Clay County Electric Cooperative Corporation. They suffered a tremendous amount of damage to their system when the ice storm hit in late January. I helped her enter some of their payables for payment. That was a 13 hour day. That is all I am going to say about that.

Friday, the 20th was my 30th birthday. I thought I handled it well. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Through it all I realized that I have a lot to be thankful for. The good Lord has blessed me far more than I ever deserve. Please know that I am not trying to boast, but in 30 years I have accomplished more than most do in a lifetime. I have a beautiful home, a beautiful wife, a good job, a sweet, sweet baby girl on the way, a family that loves me, and much, much more. God deserves all the glory, honor, and praise for all of the blessings that I have been given. Yes, I may be over the "cool years," but I am truly happy and grateful to my Lord and Savior for it all.

In closing, I am proud to announce that Mollie and I found out that we are expecting a little girl in August. Mollie was supposed to have an ultrasound in March to find out the sex of the baby, but she pleaded with the doctor's office to let her have one early so that we could find out on my birthday. We are very excited. I can't wait for Daddy's little girl to get here. Yes, she already has me wrapped around her tiny little finger.

Until next time!

No comments: