"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Thursday, February 12, 2009

We made it!

Well, the "Dream House" production has wrapped. It was kind of bitter-sweet seeing them tear down the set as I cleared out of my dressing room last night. I had a lot of fun doing the performances, but the practices weren't too much fun. Isn't that normally how it goes though. No one likes to practice, but everyone wants to play in the game! The first night went pretty much without a flaw. The second night wasn't too bad either. Everyone was more relaxed since they already had one performance under their belts. Everything was going well until right before intermission. I delivered a line about her "stage" mother, but looked right at her "real" mother when I did it and Mollie got a little tickled, then the audience got tickled b/c she did. The rest of the show was good. Last night was closing night. It was crazy. Everyone did well, it was just that some of the lines were changed, on purpose, by the cast members. This was really funny. To give you an idea of what I mean, I will give you an example. When I would speak to my "stage" mother-in-law, I would refer to her as "Dorma" instead of "Dorothy." For those of you who don't know, my real mother-in-law is named "Dorma." The crowd got a kick out of it.

Well, it is now all over and tonight I don't know what I am going to do. That's a lie. I have got to get caught up with my tax and bookkeeping work. Tax season is now underway and I have got to get going. I have a lot to do. I have got five tax returns sitting on my desk at home to do. There is no rest for the weary.

Well, that's about all I have. One last thing, we just found out that a co-worker of ours is having either a triple or quadruple bypass today. Her name is Sharon. Please keep her in your prayers.

No comments: