"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Think Bro. Matt is Correct

A few months ago our pastor, Bro. Matt Pearson made the comment that he believes we were heading towards a time when we will no longer have the freedom to freely proclaim Christ. Now, having been raised in church and having this luxury for the last 30 years, I couldn't fathom that being a reality; however, I read two articles today that have changed my mind. The first article involved a security guard taking away a sign from a fan at the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament. The article stated that signs larger than 8.5" x 11" are not permitted by the NCAA. That is fine, but I have to wonder if what was on the sign also had something to do with it. You see, the sign contained the scripture John 3:16. Maybe I should give them the benefit of the doubt, but I bet if the sign was supporting one of the teams, if it would have received the same treatment. Who knows. The second article was about a valedictorian who began to share her faith as part of her commencement speech, but had her microphone turned off in the process. Please check these articles out yourself. They can be found at http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/565492.aspx & http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=92704.

I found these articles to be disturbing. The reality is that we can't take our freedoms for granted. One day we many not have them. We must share our faith and share it now. We take for granted that we live in a country where, currently, we can worship freely. Slowly, but surely, those rights are being taken away. Who would have ever thought that we would be witnesses to this. I think Bro. Matt is correct.

No comments: