"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why God?

What a day it was yesterday. My day started at 2:30 in the morning when I was "driving the porcelain bus." I can't remember the last time I was THAT sick. While it did allow me a day off from work, I can't say it was worth it. I stayed in the bed ALL day. I only got up a few times. Thankfully it was only a 24-hour bug. I feel much better now, but am still a little achy.

Now, to the election. All I can say is may God have mercy on our country. I don't understand how we could have elected this man as our president. I agree with how a co-worker of mine put it. She said, "I prayed to understand why God allowed Obama to win this election.. I received an answer and it’s because we as Christians, all of us, have set idly by and let the un-believers of this country come in and remove Him from all aspects of our lives! The moral fiber is being eaten away daily and we let it happen. It is really sad!!! I only know that it happened for a reason! Maybe we will get up and fight now!! If God had allowed John McCain to win, we would've relaxed a bit and we can't do that!!!!!! America is still worth fighting for and we have a responsibility to our children and grandchildren to fight with all our might by prayer and standing up for our beliefs!"

While it was a historic election with historic results, we must not forget who is ultimately in control here. Our next president may be Obama, but he isn't our true leader. Our true leader is the creator of the universe. He is the one who spoke us into existence. He is the one who's name is greater than any other name. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is my Savior. He is King Jesus. It is in Him that we must place our trust. His word tells us to acknowledge Him in all our ways and "He will make our paths straight." That is what I hold on to. We must seek Him in all we do. While we may not like the outcome of last night's election, we must realize that God is still in control. He still reigns. This is all part of his PERFECT WILL. I will place my trust in Him and all will be fine. We must all seek His wisdom and understanding now more than ever. May God bless the United States of America!

No comments: