"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Quite Day

"It was hours, now its just minutes." That what you can hear one of my co-workers say after we reach the four o'clock hour in regards to when we get to all go home. Today has been a relatively quiet day. I don't want to put the cart before the horse though. I have seen things go to pot really quick around here. It has been a busy day for me. We lost a very good employee last March to another company and as a result, I have inherited a lot of his work load. That is good for me, but I sure hated to see him go. The end of the year is just around the corner and with that brings the preparation of next year's budget. Now, having inherited some new tasks and duties, I am getting to actually help with this year's budget. The down side to that is that I am having to use my buddy's worksheets without the luxury of having him explain how they function. I have to try and figure it out myself. This isn't a bad thing because in doing that I get a better grip on the task at hand. I have worked like a dog on those today.

I didn't go to our Kiwanis Club meeting this morning. It has been a rough week and since it was the monthly board meeting, and since I am not a voting member of the board, I decided to sleep in (our meetings are at 6:45 in the morning). Those that know me well understand. I hit the ground running this morning only to stop to go to lunch with my lovely bride and the girls (Carolyn, Norma, and Pat). I haven't gotten my appetite back yet so I didn't even eat all of my fish. It was fun to go and visit though. It is good for us to get out and go vent. The best part was that Mollie got to go with us.

I plan to go home and not do a whole lot tonight. I guess I will do what ever Mollie wants me to. I try to do what she tells me, even though I suck at that some times. I guess that is all that is going through my mind. Please remember to pray for our country.

Until next time!

No comments: