"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Friday, November 21, 2008

Reflections on the past week

Another week is in the books. It is funny how the older I get, the faster time seems to go by. This week was no exception. We have been going through an audit all week. We have to go through this every two years. The last time we had this audit, it didn't go so well. Needless to say, I was not looking forward to this one. To make matters even more stressful, we were also working against the clock to complete our month end procedures and monthly reports at the same time. I am thankful for the hard working people I work with. We pulled together and got the job done once again. Thank you to all who have kept us and me in your prayers over the last couple of weeks. I have had some very long and tough days. God is so good in how He answers prayers.

Isn't amazing how God takes care of His people in any and all situations? I am reminded of how my Sunday school teacher puts it. God always sees to it that we are taken care of. He has a plan for our lives and His plan will ALWAYS be accomplished. He doesn't need our help. As a matter of fact, it is when we try to help Him, that we end up making a situation worse.

As I reflect on the last week, I am saddened by the world we live in. We live in a world full of evil. Our news broadcasts hardly ever report good news anymore. The stock market is down. Someone has kidnapped a child. One country is attacking another country. That is the news we usually hear on a daily basis. Very rarely do we hear anything good anymore. This is really sad. I think we have become accustomed to this and we live for bad news. We don't concentrate on the good in people, rather we look to the bad. As a result, I have decided to use this space to try and lift other people up.

Today, I want to tell you about my wife and best friend Mollie. I know I am biased, but I think that most of you that know her will probably agree with me. Mollie is very outgoing. She loves people. I don't know of anyone Mollie can't carry on a conversation with. She always wants to please. She puts others first and herself last. I have seen her go well out of her way many times to help another. Her youthful spirit makes her fun to be around. She is really good at listening and very slow about passing judgement. Mollie is very determined. When she sets her mind to do something, there is nothing that will stop her. She is family orientated. Only God comes before family. I could go on and on. I think the world of her. She makes me want to be a better person. It is such a blessing to have her as my wife!

Well, that is what is on my mind tonight. I know I have been all over the place. Now you know why I have titled this blog like I did. Before I shut down the computer, I wanted to let everyone know that Mollie and I will be hosting a Christmas Open House beginning at 3 pm on Saturday, December 6, 2008. Everyone is welcome to come. We will be sending out some invitations, but we aren't sending them to everyone, mainly family. Please don't be offended if you don't get one. Consider this your invitation. Well, I am ready to call it a week.

Until next time!

No comments: