"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Monday, November 9, 2009

An Eventful Weekend

It has been a busy last couple of days. I feel like I have been in a fight with Mike Tyson. Let me recap. Friday afternoon, after work, I left home for the hills of Northwest Arkansas. Me, my little brother and dad were taking a guys trip to Fayetteville to watch the Arkansas Razorbacks take on the South Carolina Gamecocks. We had a blast. Dad doesn't get out much, so Chris and I were going to introduce him to a little "culture." Our first stop along the way was in North Little Rock. We stopped to eat dinner at Johnny Carrino's. The highlight of the meal was when Dad was eating his salad. The waiter came over and asked Dad if his salad was ok. Dad said yes and as the waiter reached in the direction of dad's plate, dad covered it with his arms and told the waiter he wasn't done with it yet, to which the waiter replied, "That's ok, I was just going to refill your tea." Chris and I laughed so hard we almost peed our pants. Dad thought the guy was going to take his plate before he was through. Anyway, maybe you just had to be there.


We finally arrived in Fayetteville around 11:00 pm, in one piece. After dropping off some tickets at another hotel to a guy for Mollie's uncle, we took a quick drive through campus before heading to the hotel. We finally got to bed around 1:00 or so. Since we were with dad, morning would come early, about 5:30 to be exact. As a matter of fact, I was woken by Garth Brooks, a.k.a Dad, singing in the shower. Thanks for the concert Dad!

We got up, got dressed, loaded our bags back in the truck and headed to Denny's for breakfast. We arrived at the stadium around 8:00 and headed to the Broyles Athletic Center so that Chris could go through the museum. Here are a few pictures of some of the exhibits.


This is "The Boot." It is a trophy given to the winner of the LSU/AR game. It's home has been Fayetteville for the last two years.



This is the game ball given to Arkansas after they knocked off #2 Auburn 27-10 at Auburn October 7, 2006.

This is the game ball from the 7-Overtime game between Arkansas and Ole Miss in 2001. Arkansas came out the victors against Eli Manning the the Rebels that LATE night in Oxford. Boy, do I remember that one.

No Razorback museum would be complete without a shrine to one of, if not the best running backs in Razorback history, Darren McFadden. Below is the Doak Walker Award trophy given to the best running back in college football. Darren won this award on two occasions in 2006 & 2007.



We scored some great seats for the game. We have 6 season tickets, but we sold 4 of them. Since Chris and I wanted to take Dad, we had to look for 3 tickets so we could all sit together. My buddy Ross gave me 3 tickets 25 rows up behind the Razorback bench on the 35 yard line. They were great seats! Arkansas won the game 33-16. It was a must win for Arkansas and a great game. We finally got to the truck and headed home. We finally got home around 8:00 or so. Boy were we tired, but no rest for the weary.
I had to be at church at 8:15 because I sing in the choir. I finally headed home from church around 11:20 only to pick up Mollie and Kaylin and head back to Wynne for lunch at Mom and Dad's house. We were celebrating Chris's completion of his graduate work. After lunch, I went with Dad and Chris to replace a belt on Mollie's car. When that was done, I came home and finished staining the spindles on my deck, cut, or pulled some broken branches out of a tree in the back yard, cleaned up underneath my deck and loaded up the four wheeler, which I had to take to get serviced. Nightfall caught up with me so I had to go inside. I finished off the night in bed watching the Dallas Cowboys put away the Philadelphia Eagles. Man, what a weekend!
I need some sleep! Maybe tonight I can lay in bed and watch wrestling. I am not getting my hopes up, but we will see.
Until next time!

No comments: