"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Saturday, July 11, 2009

While I Wait

Here I am sitting in a hair salon, an hour and a half from home, with my wife while she gets her hair done. Why? Because I love her. Yes, we drive to West Little Rock from Colt to get to Mollie's hair dresser. Mollie has been coming here for about 7 or 8 years now. It wasn't so bad when we lived in Cabot, but it is quite the drive now. I won't complain. If she is happy, then I am happy.

As I sit here, I have been reflecting on the past week. Monday, the first day back after a long weekend. I get to work to find out that a co-worker and friend had fallen on July 4th and broke her leg in three places. Poor Mrs. Pat. I hated to hear that she did that. At least she was with her husband and daughter and not alone. She had surgery on Friday to repair the break. I am told that all went well and she will be fine.

Tuesday was a normal day, but I received news on Wednesday that just stopped me in my tracks. I was eating lunch with a co-worker when my dad calls and tells me that our music pastor at church is leaving. I was stunned, and that is an understatement. I am not going to air any dirty laundry, but I will say that this news has caught a lot of people off guard. I feel so bad for our music pastor and his family. I understand both sides, but what makes this hard is that I have a good friendship with both parties. It leaves me torn. I want to be the best friend I can to both guys, but this is the hardest issue I have ever had to deal with. I know that God is in control and that His ultimate plan will prevail. That is all that gets me through.

And so here I sit in the salon waiting on Mollie. My rear end is getting pretty sore and I am hoping that she is almost done. This is the last weekend we can really leave town and do anything. After this weekend, Mollie's doctor doesn't want us getting farther than 60 miles from the hospital. I think Mollie will deliver early. I give her two weeks maybe three, but I feel that Kaylin will be here the last week of July.

Well, here comes Mollie. Yay!!!!

No comments: