"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kaylin Reese Davis


God is good. I know we hear and say that so many times, but never before have I personally seen such a miracle from God in my life like I did when I witnessed the birth of my little girl. Anyone who says that there is no God is a fool. Kaylin Reese Davis was born into the world on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 3:22 pm. She was 7 pounds 1 ounce and 20 inches long. Those with children have always said that there is nothing like the birth of your child. They are right. I will never forget seeing Kaylin for the first time. I wish that I could put into words what I was feeling. I am so proud of Mollie. She did so well.


The whole experience was surreal. On a funny note, I thought I was actually going to miss her birth. Around 1:00 pm that day, I went down to the cafeteria to get me some lunch. When I left, Mollie was a 4. I figured that I had plenty of time. I left her with her mom while I was gone. Well, I had just finished eating and had gotten up to go when Dorma called me. She said that I needed to get back up to the room quick. They were setting up the room and calling Dr. Curry. Needless to say, I kicked it into high gear and decided to take the stairs instead of waiting on the elevator. Oh yeah, it was only six floors that I ran up. I thought I was going to need to stop by the cardio unit by the time I reached the top. I got there in plenty of time though.


I have never been so proud of one thing in my life. Kaylin is the prettiest baby I have ever seen. She has been so good. I know that may change at any time. Never did I realize how possible it was to love someone so much. She is so sweet. I look forward to doing so much with her.


I want to thank everyone who lifted us up in prayer. It is because of this that everything went so well. I fully believe that. Second, I want to thank everyone who took time out of their day to come see us at the hospital and/or send well wishes and congratulations. Mollie and I have such good friends. We thank you all so much.


Well, I hear my sweet Kaylin starting to cry. Gotta go love on her!

1 comment:

Pat said...

How sweet! Can hardly wait to meet her!