"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's Almost Here

Mollie and I went back to the doctor yesterday for a check-up. Her doctor said that she is beginning to show signs of early labor. While it could be another 1-2 weeks before she naturally goes into labor, she said that it could be as early as tonight (last night). Mollie asked her about inducing labor. She checked her schedule and asked how Tuesday sounded. I told her I was only in favor of inducing if Kaylin's lungs were fully developed and she was ready to be born. She told me that according to her research and studies, babies born on or after 39 weeks have a less than 0% chance of underdevelopment of the lungs. She told us that they are really strict about inducing labor, but we could do it next Tuesday if we wanted. Well, as of now, we have to be at the hospital next Monday (July 27th) at 5:00 pm to get settled and hooked up to everything. They will give Mollie meds to help her dilate further if she isn't far enough along by that point. The induction will start on Tuesday morning. We are welcome to change our minds, but as of now, that is the plan. We are still seeking God's will in this, but as of now, this is what we are hoping for. Please keep us, especially Mollie and Kaylin, in your prayers. I will try to update if anything develops any sooner. Please check me out on Facebook and Twitter, as these are the easiest ways for me to get information out there. Well, here we go! It won't be long until my little girl will be resting peacefully and safely in my arms. Thank you Lord!

No comments: