"Choose you this day whom you will serve....as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Convicted

I just watched an interview with Cindy Winters. She is the wife of Fred Winters, the pastor that was gunned down at the pulpit in Illinois. She spoke of how she forgives the man who killed her husband and the father of her two girls. She told of how she loves him and hopes that he develops a personal relationship with Jesus. She has no anger or hostility towards this man. The man who robbed her of a husband whom she loved dearly, who robbed her two girls of their daddy. They will never be able to have their dads walk them down the aisle. When they take the family trip that they all planned, he won't be there. Mrs. Winters loves and forgives this man. Its funny you know. I have a hard time forgiving someone who says something or does something to me I don't like. I have a hard time forgiving someone who cuts me off or drives too slow in the fast lane. What does that say about me? I still have my wife. I still have all of my loved ones. I haven't been through half of what they are going through.

This is the perfect example of Christ-likeness. This interview really ministered to me. I would strongly encourage you to go and watch it too. I hope that you find it as encouraging, convicting, and uplifting as I did. You can see it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjkbFZ_c6ss.

No comments: